Sunday, April 25, 2010

Darling.

Cheri
Director: Stephen Frears
Starring: Michelle Pfeiffer, Rupert Friend, Kathy Bates.
I have always been such a fan of Dangerous Liasons. I especially love the costumes in it so I was keen to see Stephen Frears sumptuous rendition of the scandalous French Novel Cheri. I was also interested to see him paired with Michelle Pfeiffer after so many years. Isn't she such a beautiful creature! She truely is catlike. It follows the doomed affair between an ageing courtesan and a dissolutioned 19 year boy called Cheri. It was an easy watch with a surprisingly sad ending. I wouldn't say it was amazing but worth it for the set and costume design. The slow paced scenes almost seemed to linger a little long so to catch every beautiful fabric, every vase, every bunch of flowers. Beautiful.


No comments:

Post a Comment