Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two chucklers.

The Brothers Bloom
Director: Rian Johnson
Starring: Adrien Brody, Rachel Weisz, Mark Ruffallo.
Costume Designer: Beatrix Aruna Pasztor

I really liked this movie. I didnt think I would. I'm a little bit of a film snob sometimes and when things go straight to DVD, I get suspicious. But this film was really fun to watch. It's a highly stylised tale of two con men brothers (Brody and Ruffallo) who come up with the ultimate heist. Their lastest victim is a mysterious millionairess Penelope(Weisz) who spends her days learning new hobbies and carrying them out alone in her castle. A really quirky tale ensues.
I have had the pleasure of spending some time with an incredible artist who is such a great person to talk to and share film favourites with. I have come away from a week in his company feeling very inspired. We sat up late and watched this film together. He said to me the following morning that he enjoyed watching it with me because we laughed at the same moments! I just loved that. I didnt really notice when he laughed. He said he often laughs at times when no one else does and found it comforting to share a giggle with me. Such a nice thing to say and made this movie all the more sweet.
On a costume note, I didn't know this designer but love some of her other films including Drugstore Cowboy, Good Will Hunting (Robin Williams shirts!), U-Turn and Vanity Fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment