Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Please don't zoom in.

Stupid And The City
Director: An Idiot
Starring: Raisons.
I promised myself I wouldn't see this film. I got on a plane to NZ and low and behold the film on show was 'Sex And The City 2'. After sitting through the first movie (and paying money to see it), I decided not to ruin one of my favourite TV shows with this embarrassing, insulting and quite frankly 'OLD' gig. But I love a plane movie so I watched it. What a shocker! The show was so brilliant in it's day. So witty and well written. What the HELL happened??? I can't actually put into words how much I hated it. This movie was utterly despicable on every level.
After every movie I see, I read the NY Times review as I find them quite thorough and funny. I couldn't say it better so Im going to leave my rant and post the review instead. If you've seen the film (poor you) read it. But for the record.... I will NEVER get drunk and toast 'Mum's without nannies'. I will NEVER create a storyline revolved around man getting a TV installed in the bedroom. I will NEVER walk into a room of devout Muslim women to find them reading "Susan Sommer's guide to Menopause'. I will NEVER sing 'I am Women' to a room full of token stereotypes. I will NEVER pick the top 5 most obvious boring and cliched issues that women face and plop them into a shallow soulless script. Miranda and your sexist boss, Samantha and your visit to a fuck free country, Charlotte and your too hot nanny and Carrie and your god forsaken imaginary problems......please go away and leave me to my dvds of your once great show.
http://movies.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/movies/27sex.html


http://movies.nytimes.com/2010/05/27/movies/27sex.html

No comments:

Post a Comment