Friday, August 13, 2010

Babz' Boyfriend.

Director: Martin Scorsese
Starring: Robert De Niro, Cybill Shepard, Jodie Foster, Harvey Keitel.
Travis Bickle Travis Bickle Travis Bickle. One of my favourite characters of all time. I love him and I feel so sorry for him and I must say I am on his side from beginning to end. What does that say about me? I own too many movies that aren't actually in my possession. I have movies in storage in Melbourne, movies in a flat in London and Movies at my Mum's in Wellington. I'm sure there is a copy of Taxi Driver in each of those locations. It didn't stop me from buying it again recently. What can I say about this film that you don't already know? It is a different movie every time I watch it. I just love it. The infamous scene where Bickle talks to the mirror "Are you Talkin' to me?......it was all improvised! The script just described Bickle looking in the mirror without any dialogue. Isn't that brilliant! De Niro spent a month doing 12 hour shifts driving cabs. That's dedicated preparation. On a costume note, I love Jodie Foster's outfits. The mixture of pretty florals with super tight hot pants and goofy sunglasses perfectly capture a child playing dress-ups in an all too adult world. I love this film. I heart you Bobby D.



Taxi Driver.

No comments:

Post a Comment