Monday, August 2, 2010

Frozen Bulldog.

Sherlock Holmes
Director: Guy Ritchie.
Starring: Robert Downey Jnr, Jude Law, Rachel McAdams.
This was the second time I saw this film. I went to see it at the cinema in London last year. I saw it by myself and while I usually love seeing films alone, I remember wishing I could have shared this one. it is such a fun movie. 'Fun' is a bit of a naff word but it really is quite silly, very over the top and fun! Robert Downey Jnr is such a winner. I am so glad that man has made a comeback. I loved him in the 80's. Less than Zero is such a great film. Even some of his smaller performances early on were great. Remember him as the douch-bag bully in Weird Science? Or as the crazy reporter in 'Natural Born Killers'?. I also really liked him in Zodiac, although I did not like that film. I'm rambling. I need to get back into the swing of 'Pollywood land'. Low and Behold even Jude Law was good in this film. I find him quite hard to watch. He is a bit like Dorian Gray without the painting. He was a beautiful young man who's lifestyle seems to be written all over his now not so beautiful face.
Oh and a little side story: There is an old man who drives the boat across the river near the end of the film. He kind of looks like a skinny Father Christmas. Well his name is Raymond Emanuel and he was a homeless man living on the streets of London. Guy Ritchie spotted him one day and thought he looked like an interesting character. Raymond explained that he had recently become homeless after taking care of his sick Mother and spending every cent he had on medical bills. Guy cast him in the film and since then Raymond has secured a flat and an agent. Isn't that so RAD!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment