Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I Thor Thor.

You know I love super hero films.
Did I love Thor? I think it's always a pretty good sign how quickly I head to the shop to buy a figurine.
No Thor Figurine for me.
Thor is pretty dumb.
This review will be pretty dumb.
I'm sleepy and I shouldn't be writing Pollywood now.
I liked this movie and I didn't like this movie (See what I mean).

Firstly, I got a headache. Do not see it in 3D. It is pointless and it made me feel ill. I can usually handle 3D but some of the fight sequences were jumbled and reminded me of Transformers 2. It's no way near as bad as that pile of poo. It's good...it's just not Polly good. I have high superhero standards.
Secondly I didn't like the costumes. They all looked digital. Anthony Hopkins looked like he was wearing a giant undone zipper.

I did think that Chris Hemsworth was actually quite good. He caught my attention in the latest Star Trek. He was on screen for all of 5 minutes playing Captain Kirk Senior. His voice has this deep gravatis that really suits roles like this.
I think Chris could be one to watch.
Natalie Portman just seemed totally miscast. She is always lovely and didn't do anything wrong. But I just didn't believe her.
The key with super hero films is you have to 100% believe in it. I believe that Christian Bale believed he was Batman. I believed Robert Downey Jnr as Ironman. I didn't believe Anthony Hopkins. It was a lazy performance by my favourite Man. (I forgive you Anthony).
The first 2 thirds of the film were a lot of fun. The fish out of water routine when Thor landed on Earth was actually really funny.
What killed me was this sudden romance. After battling to save realms, killing ice giants, restoring the throne and retrieving his hammer.....he has a 10 minute chat with Natalie by a fire and KAPOW it's alllll about her.
Why ruin a rad film with a dumb romance? Is it for the girls? I'm a girl and I don't like it. I just want Thor to hit stuff with his hammer.
Some of the effects are amazing. I'd like to see it in 2D so they don't hurt my brain.
I saw Thor with my rad pal Matt. That made it fun.
See it.
In 2D.
xxx
More this:
Less this:


No comments:

Post a Comment