Saturday, January 1, 2011

Pretty as a peach.

Hungover on New Years day and what better film to come on Tv: Marie Antoinette.
What a beautiful film. As I slouched on my chair with my lovely friends I heard a multitude of sighs and "oooohs" and "ahhhhhs". "I want that" I would say. "can we do that?" beth would reply "Lets do that for my birthday!" Victoria announced. Wouldn't a party fit or Versailles be amazing!
To see the world through Sofia Coppola's eyes is to see a world of abosulote beauty. Her soft amber lights, her blushed cheeks, her sumptuous delicacies and elfin beauties like Kirsten Dunst are a joy to watch. She makes me feel like a real girl.
The liberty printed dresses with perhaps 3 too many ribbons and four too many layers made me want to have a dress up party immediately. It was pointed out to me that in the shoe montage (yes...there's a montage featuring shoes, ribbons, macaroons and champagne), you can see a pair of converse high tops. How cheeky and fun.
When I went to Paris I sought out the infamous Laduree bakery just so I could sample those very macaroons. They didn't disappoint.
A delightful cinematic start to 2011.
For me this is the year where I am determined to live out my true fantasies. I want to sepnd a month in Paris and work on my film idea. I want to find myself alone somewhere that scares me a little but makes me stronger. I want to see as many films as I possibly can. And I want to live by my mantra of loving love and all it has to offer.
Happy New Year to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment