Sunday, March 21, 2010

Pollywood's a go go


Hello. My First Blog. I guess I should start with how and why I decided to write one. Last week a friend of mine informed me that she was setting out to watch as many brilliant films as she can before upping her life, moving to L.A and trying her hand at making it in good ol' Hollywood. She asked me to add any films I deemed Rad (Rad is my favourite word...I use it a lot). I began to make a list. I got so excited. It was a joy to revisit so many of my favourite films and the thought of my pal watching them all gave me a genuine thrill. It got me thinking about all the films, I have seen, all the films I am excited to see and how obsessed I truely am with movies. I am a movie geek. No question. I instantly feel the urge to list my hundred favourite films now, just to give you an idea of what Im about but I'll leave it to the blog. I work in Film, in costume. I live breathe and dream cinema and am a collector of figurines (Geeeeeek). So I decided to write a journal/log of every film I see for the rest of my days! It's more a record for me, something to look over, remember directors, remember costume designers and just look back on. I still plan to write a real journal. The idea of having a pile of worn out notebooks filled with all my films appeals to me, but as I said, that will be more of a log. This blog will allow me to digress a little, add pics, random thoughts and films relating to whatever I watched. Im officially starting it now. I watched 2 films last night (well one and a half) so here we go.......

No comments:

Post a Comment