Sunday, March 21, 2010

I heart Mickey


Movie: Barfly
Director: Barbet Schroeder
Costume designer: Maria Cananero
Great film. Based on semi-autobiographical short story by Charles Bukowski. Mickey Rourke reminded me of Brando, his lower lip permanently busting out. Gosh he was a good looking man. He's a different beast now. I kind of like the new Mickey but Jeepers he has changed. Large part of film takes place in Wanda's apartment. Wanda (The always beautiful Faye Dunaway) and Henry (Rourke) decide, after meeting in a bar, to pool together their resources. They discover they both have similar goals in life: Drink and be. The apartment was one of those great dilapidated run down pads that I love in films.I think of the set decorators searching through op shops and garage sales for things that fit perfectly. Some of my favourite film apartments.....
Annie Hall

Requiem For A Dream

Rosemary's Baby

Johnny Suede

No comments:

Post a Comment