Monday, March 22, 2010

Devastating Dillon

Platoon
Director: Oliver Stone
Is it because I'm a woman that I found this film unbearable? I'm not cut out for war. Willem Dafoe was incredible as the likeable Eli. Actor Kevin Dillon who plays Johnny Drama on TV show Entourage is in it. It is said that his character in Entourage mirrors his real life as he was and is the lesser successful brother of Actor Matt Dillon. I think that his role in Platoon may have been a career killer. He may well be a good actor but there is a scene in Platoon that involves him terrorising a mentally ill vietnamese boy before bashing him in the head. I turned it off at that point. Horrible. I watched the rest a bit later once composed, only to see Eli shot down in an epic scene. It is a very good war film. A little too real for this soft touch.

No comments:

Post a Comment