Monday, March 22, 2010

I can't go all my life waiting to catch you between husbands.

Gone With The Wind
Director: Victor Fleming.
Costume Designer: Walter Plunkett.
Oh Vivien Leigh. Oh Scarlett. Oh Rhett.
I have been revisiting a few classics and with time on my hands, I watched this absolutely Beautiful film. Every frame is beautiful and dreamy. The classic sunset shot. It always makes me think of Interview with A Vampire. I remember being obsessed with Vampires as a teen (weren't we all) and loved the Anne Rice books and films. I remember in the film Louis sees a sunset for the first time as a vampire when he sees Gone with The wind. What a sunset to see. Vivien Leigh is formidable. I love her in A Streetcar Named Desire. She must have been a feisty woman. And as for the costumes. The ruffles, the Lace, the Velvet....the dress made from her curtains. I love every outfit she wears. Such a great film. A grand soap opera. Clarke Gable..... Clooney has been taking notes.





No comments:

Post a Comment