Friday, November 5, 2010

Polly Vs Brennan and Dirk Vs Scott'

Do I even mention this film? I didn't watch all of it so why bother? I felt like seeing something stupid. This happens often....more often than Id like it to admit. Gone are the days of my youth when all I wanted to see was something 'foreign' or 'challenging'. Now most days off I am just tired and want to laugh at sillyness. I thought 'The Other Guys' with Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg would be that film. Oh my goodness was I wrong. But here I was, I had spent the money, I was in front of the MEGA screen in the city and I was ready to laugh. People were laughing???? Why were they laughing??? This is one of the most awkwardly unfunny films I have ever seen. It's hurt my eyes it was so unfunny! And so I left! But I felt very very unsatisfied and promptly found another film to see.....Scott Pilgrim Vs The World. I fear that my review of this film is sullied with the mood I was in when I watched it....which was grumpy......with sore eyes.
Scott Pilgrim is brilliantly done and literally assaults you with lightening fast editing, witty quips and young rad looking, hot, next best, one to watch people in it.
It's maker Edgar Wright really doesnt have a common thread with his films: Shaun of The Dead, Hot Fuzz and now this one.
I will rent it on DVD and make sure I dont watch something horrible before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment