Sunday, June 5, 2011

A Picture Says 1000 Words.

Sometimes when I'm too busy to see many films, I try and think about old ones that I could write about.
As my brain races through the film library in my head, I often just see seminal images from all the classics.

It made me think how so many films are now remembered by one image. One incredible shot sticks in people's minds and takes them right back to when they saw it. Whenever someone mentions a scary movie I often think about Jaws and the POV shot of the shark looking up at the girl in the water. Similarly if someone mentions kids films, I see Elliot and E.T riding across the sky, silhouetted by the moon. I have a distinct memory of the first shot in Jurassic park when Sam Neill sees a dinosaur for the first time and realising movies weren't going to be the same anymore.
Here are a few of my favourite shots in films that have, in later years, come to define them:












No comments:

Post a Comment