Monday, May 16, 2011

Warning......I've been dreaming

The most wonderful thing....
Does anyone find this simple thing just so so exhilarating and brilliant. Walking and music (Wow Polly...really? I mean WOW.......)
So. I have 3 film ideas I am working on at the moment. 2 of them are part of my planned sojourn to Paris. Anyone who is in the vicinity of me is bored with my constant ramblings on Paris and it's spell on me. To me it symbolises everything that makes me tick: Passion and mystery and true love and living a life that is driven by the things that matter....food, sex, colour, beauty, and chocolate! HA!

What I have also found brilliant is that until recently I had all these random thoughts and visions and ideas and senses and they would just rattle around in my head (or my phone) with nowhere to go.
Now I have these little film folders in my brain that I store these ideas in.  I think of songs, of lighting, of camera angles, of colours and sounds and soundtracks and words and I clap my hands with glee.

I am no film-maker. I am no director. I have no idea how to make a film alone. Well that's wrong. I have some idea. What I do have is a deep love for all things filmic and I think I have a discerning eye. Hopefully, I can put something together that someone else can direct or shoot for me. I am dreaming but I have ideas and everything starts with one idea.
I AM RAMBLING!!!!

My original point was this:
When I sit in my room on my bed. I wait for new ideas and scenes and stories to come. In fairness, I am often either watching a film, on facebook, or on this and that isn't particularly inspiring. Sometimes I read the books beside my bed. There are a few books on how to make films (ha!), some new ones Glenn gave me about Pirates. And my beloved dictionary Of Imaginary places.
But.
If I really want to be inspired, I walk out my door and put in my headphones. I walk up the street and all of a sudden all these beautiful scenes pop into my head. I have to stop and write down little things in my phone. I walk faster and faster as I see complete scenes of my unmade films fall out of my brain. I could literally watch one ilm from start to finish in my brain as I walk.
I catch myself smiling this goofy smile and see people looking at me like I've just found out some amazing news.
Music and walking. Such a great combo. I love that these two things instantly make me feel so much and see so much and fill up with passion and glee (God that stupid show has ruined that word!)

I wish I could blurt out all the silly little ideas I had yesterday on my 2 hour walk. I will keep them in my heart and notebook for now. But geez they make me happy. They may be silly, they make eventuate into nothing. But they are how I see the world and and how I want the world to see me.
Uh oh I'm officially sounding like an absolute fairy.
I'm sorry.
Here's hoping I have limited access to the internet in Paris..otherwise Pollywood's future updates might explode into a field of marshmellows with giant lavender bunny rabbits playing tennis.
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment