Thursday, March 3, 2011

I blame Gertie in E.T....

Sometimes I watch really rubbish films. What's worse is sometimes they get to me.
I am completely aware that somewhere in L.A there is a large chart with a formula for shit romantic comedies and depending on my romantic state of mind, I must fall into a demographic that these films are made for.
Exhibit A:
Going The Distance. Have you seen it?
You can't actually sink lower in terms of formula, rubbish acting and predictability.
Firstly it stars Drew Barrymore. Drew is adorable but she can't act.
Secondly it stars that absolute git from the Mac ads Justin Long. He annoys me immensely.
Add 2 side kick idiot mates for Justin and an overbearing anal sister for Drew and you have a stupid, formulaic film. Oh and the story line  (hardly worth a mention):  Two people meet, fall in love, try to have  long distance relationship, fail and then succeed. The end.
What is totally tragic is that I enjoyed it!
I understand the pains of long distance relationships. It is my present predicament and one that frustrates me in such a relatable way. Perhaps it's as simple as that.
I apologise for liking this film. Don't seek it out. But don't turn it off if it's on the telly.
The phone sex scene is hilarious.
I'm sorry.
P.S I'm sorry.


1 comment: