Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dear Clark, Bruce, Peter and Tony. Bruce wins.

I don't like Superman.
I don't.
I like a lot of superheroes and it may pain fellow nerds but I find him boring.
Nerd fact: Superman is the only super hero who's alter ego is his human role. Batman, Ironman and Spiderman are all human and turn into their alter egos whereas Superman is an alien. Doesn't make him interesting though.
I've had many an argument about superman. When I worked on The Eagle, I stood on the side of a mountain in Scotland arguing with one of the seal people 'Bemn' about him He was a big fan and it pained him that I was such a nerd with no regard for his ultimate hero. He went to great lengths to tell me  about what Superman represented but I just didn't buy it. Sorry Bemn.
BUT: They are making a new superman movie. I didn't even see the last one.
There are a few people attached to this new film that have given me a little hope.
One is the director Zack Snyder who is responsible for the excellent Watchmen and the radically violent 300. I loved 300. I own it. It's the closest thing to UFC fighting on screen.
Secondly....Superman is set to be played by the delicious Henry Cavill. Don't know him? Oh shame. He's been in nothing of merit. He's in The Tudors (Days Of Our Lives with tights or as Beth likes to call it our"Sexy Bonnet show").
He is beautiful. Simply gorgeous. I could watch him pick his nose.
So I'm intrigued. I still think Clark's a dork but with Zack and Henry, I'm willing to jump on the nerd train and pop my knickers on over my jeans.


No comments:

Post a Comment